As such we have put in measures and steps to continually working towards improving what we take out and put back. Corporate social responsibility is a key part of our business planning process.
- In April 2014 we were awarded the waste reduction certification by The Carbon Trust – for our 26.7% reduction in waste since 2013.
- We won Gold at the Green Apple Awards in November 2014 for our achievements in the first step of an on-going strategy for continued sustainability.
- Since June 2013, both our Redhill and Clitheroe sites are zero to landfill
- All waste segregated into recyclable and non-recyclable materials.
- Packaged food waste, where fit for consumption, is sent to charity or on to anaerobic digestion/energy recovery where this is not possible.
- All non-recyclable materials are sent to an energy recovery process.
- We ensure that our food miles are reduced through consolidation of in and out bound deliveries from production partners and customers. Our logistics team utilise a large European network to ensure that lorries travel full.
- 2016 Business winner of a Mayor’s Volunteer Award
- Food donations,
- Charitable donations
- Food bank contribution – by donating to Fareshare we’re able to provide good quality food to projects in and around Brighton & Hove area, whilst also reducing the amount of waste sent to landfill.